Travelling to Milan with kids can be a wonderful experience as the city offers plenty of outdoor activities for children to enjoy. From parks and gardens to museums and theme parks, there is no shortage of fun things to do in Milan. In this article, we will explore some of the best activities for kids in Milan, providing parents with some helpful tips and advice to ensure that their children have an enjoyable and memorable holiday.
Our top activities for kids in Milan
Parks in Milan for Kids
- Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli: Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli is a beautiful park located in the heart of Milan. The park features a wide variety of trees, flowers, and other plants, making it a perfect destination for families who love nature. Kids will also love the playgrounds and fountains located throughout the park, which provide plenty of opportunities for play and exploration.
- City Life Park – Located in the heart of Milan, the City Life Park is a great place for kids to play and explore. It features a large playground with slides, swings, and sandpits, as well as plenty of open space for running and playing.
- Parco Sempione: Parco Sempione is one of the largest parks in Milan, and it is a great place for kids to run, play and explore. The park features a lake, playgrounds, and even a medieval castle, making it a perfect destination for a family day out. The park is also home to the Triennale Design Museum, which offers interactive exhibits that are sure to engage and entertain children of all ages.
- Parco della Villa Reale – This beautiful park is home to several historic buildings, including a palace and a greenhouse. Children can explore the gardens, play on the grass, and even ride a small train around the park.
- Biblioteca degli Alberi di Milano – This urban park is a great place for kids to learn about nature and the environment. It features a range of trees and plants, as well as walking paths, benches, and other amenities.
Museums in Milan for Kids
- Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci: The Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci is a museum dedicated to the life and work of the famous Italian inventor and artist. The museum features a wide variety of interactive exhibits and displays that are sure to engage and entertain children of all ages. Kids can learn about the history of science and technology, as well as explore some of da Vinci’s most famous inventions.
- Civic Museum of Natural History – This museum offers a range of interactive exhibits and activities that are sure to keep kids entertained. Children can learn about dinosaurs, animals, and the natural world through hands-on experiences and multimedia displays.
Water Parks in Milan for Kids
- Villaggio del Bambini Idroscalo – This water park is designed specifically for children, with several pools, water slides, and other fun water activities. There are also plenty of shady areas and picnic spots for parents to relax while their kids play.
- Acquatica Park is a popular water park located in Milan, Italy. It offers visitors a variety of thrilling water slides, pools, and other fun water activities that are perfect for families. The park also has dedicated areas for younger children, including a shallow pool and several smaller slides that are perfect for little ones. Children can also enjoy the pirate-themed play area, which features fountains, and other interactive water features.
Adventure Parks in Milan for Kids
- Il Parco Avventura Tree Experience – This is an outdoor adventure park located in the northern part of Milan. It offers a range of challenging courses, zip lines, and other fun activities set among the trees
Other Attractions in Milan for Kids
- Acquario Civico di Milano: The Acquario Civico di Milano is a popular attraction for families with kids. The aquarium features a wide variety of fish, sharks, and other marine life, making it a fascinating destination for children who are interested in the underwater world. There are also educational exhibits that provide information about the different habitats and ecosystems that exist in the ocean.
Milan is a great city for families with kids, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities that are sure to keep children entertained and engaged. Whether you’re looking to explore the city’s parks and gardens or visit some of its world-renowned museums and attractions, there is no shortage of fun things to do in Milan. With so many options to choose from, parents can rest assured knowing that their children will have a memorable and enjoyable holiday in Milan.